Brotherly Love is a troupe By Night Studios: Vampire the Masquerade game set in modern times in the city of Philadelphia. In this game, players take on fictitious personas as vampires in the strange and brutal Sabbat, waging an eternal war against the ancient Methuselahs and their servants in the Camarilla and Independent Alliance. We play the first Saturday of every month in North Liberties Philadelphia (for the address and time information, please contact email@example.com).
Brotherly Love uses the current By Night Studios: Vampire the Masquerade ruleset, including all current errata and addenda published by the company. In addition to these items, please review our brief Brotherly Love House Rules.
Settings and History Guide
What has happened in vampiric life of Philadelphia’s past? Find out the answer in our Brotherly Love History and Setting Guide along with the emphasis and themes of our game.
Brotherly Love’s permanent storytelling staff is as follows:
- Joseph Perry (Head ST) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jacob Shpiece (Deputy ST) – email@example.com
- Steven Byrd (ST Staff) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jason Herman (ST Staff) – email@example.com
A. Non-Sabbat PCs
- The Brotherly Love game is currently a Sabbat-focused story.
Camarilla/Anarch/IA characters are permitted only after the player agrees to the following terms:
- My character is going to die.
- That death will almost certainly happen immediately.
- That death will almost certainly be at the hands of a dozen or more characters who are entirely unwilling to “hear me out”.
- In the extremely unlikely event I am not immediately killed, I will recognize that the other factions offer very little support in Philadelphia, and that I must make my own way without expecting support from NPCs (Canon or otherwise).
- My character is going to die.
- Non-Sabbat infiltrators (PCs w/ Alt ID) are permitted at ST discretion, but should expect to face a great deal of scrutiny from the ST staff. Be sneaky.
All PCs for Brotherly Love have the same amount of base XP. That amount can be found in the following table:
In addition, players can earn up to 5 additional XP per month through the following methods:
- Volunteering as a narrator (2xp)
- Donating to the costume closet (1-5xp depending on the object donated)
- Helping with setup/cleanup (1xp)
- Other bonuses as announced by the ST (varies)
We are proud to present Brotherly Love as a safe, inclusive space for gamers of all stripes. Abusive or disruptive players may be disallowed at ST discretion, but any player looking for a place to enjoy a shared hobby in a secure and welcoming environment will find that Brotherly Love fits that bill exactly. There is no cost for membership, though games generally carry a $5 fee to cover site costs.
The World of Darkness is exactly what it sounds like; dark, uncomfortable, and frightening. This game contains a great many mature themes, and it may not be suitable to all audiences. While we strive to provide a safe environment for all players, we rely on individual players to inform staff when a specific subject or scene is outside of their comfort zone so that appropriate steps can be taken. Never be afraid to speak up if you feel uncomfortable.